Piles also known as hemorrhoids are caused due to swelling and inflammation of the veins present in the rectum and anus.Anyone at any age can be affected by hemorrhoids.They are very common, with about 50% of people experiencing them at some time in their life.
Stages of Piles
1. First-Degree: Small swellings develop inside the anus but are not visible outside the anus
2. Second-Degree: That prolapse and retract on their own (with or without bleeding).
3. Third-Degree: Large swellings may protrude from the anus, but can be pushed back inside
4. Fourth-Degree: Larger swellings that hang down out of the anus and do not retract back inside. This type or contain blood clots. They also may pull much of the lining of the rectum through the anus.
5. Internal Piles: Develop in the inside lining of the rectum about 2-4 cm above the opening of the anus. They are usually painless and can’t be felt unless they are significantly enlarged.
6. External Piles are found lower in the anus than internal piles - usually underneath the skin that surrounds the back passage.